Tuesday, March 17, 2009

a.kin.esthetic

substance. i want to touch it
hold it in my hands
let it slide or seep through my fingers
feel it in the hollow of my neck
that velvet
that softness shifting
crunching beneath my shoes
a solid kick connecting against the ball of my foot
flipping and skittering down faded asphalt
and grasping gripping so hard with tense muscles until
it dies bursting
spilling death between straining digits
and rhythmic bronchial scorching

all this substance.
i want to shove it into uneven ridges
nerves and neurons
this rough texture beneath my tongue
tasting the gritty saltiness
seeping in
scraping over raw wounded skin
twisting searing heat
the soft percussion of blood
warm staccato coursing
rippling streams chasing ticklish
down shoulder blades
slipping into the curves of my back
slippery tiles slick smoothness

the substance.
of grains under pressed prints
lifting
smashing into linoleum
cracking
satisfying sharp reverberation
up and down trembling arms
alkaline battery burn
dripping off a chin
soft tapping ticking
backspace
clicking fingernails against plastic

No comments:

Post a Comment